Contractual Services Agreements

Consultants, contractors, and casual employees can use this Web page to access and complete the contract documentation necessary to be approved, start work, and be paid.

Step 1: Determine contractor or employee status

District staff should work with the individual/business to complete the Contractor vs. Employee Questionnaire (pdf, 165kb) to determine whether the service being provided to the Puyallup School District should be paid via Contractual Services Agreement through Accounts Payable (contractor) or as an employee through the district’s payroll system (casual employee).

If the questionnaire does not lead to a definitive determination as to whether the appropriate status is contractor or employee, please contact Accounting (253-841-8683) or Purchasing (253-840-8953) for assistance.

Step 2: Complete the appropriate packet

As determined from the questionnaire, the contractor should complete all required documents in the Contractor Packet, or the employee should complete all required documents in the Casual Employee Packet.

Contractor Packet 

Casual Employee Packet 

  • Contractor vs. Employee Questionnaire (pdf, 165kb). A casual employee is one who has answered No to any of the questions.
  • Casual Employee Contract (pdf, 200kb). District staff should complete the “Contract Information” and “District Approval” sections of the form, then forward the form to the casual employee to complete the “Casual Employee Information & Approval” section.
  • Form W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (pdf). This is needed only if this is the first time employed by the Puyallup School District.
  • Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification (pdf). This is needed only if this is the first time employed by the Puyallup School District. The original documents must be verified and copied by an authorized agent of Puyallup School District.
  • Disclosure Release (Word doc, 53kb). This is needed only if this is the first time employed by the Puyallup School District.
  • Fingerprint Appointment (call 253-841-8605). This is only applicable if the contractor will be working unsupervised with minor children.

Step 3: Complete modified online application. Click on link and complete.

 The following content areas of the application must be completed: personal info, postal address, position desired, disclosures, legal information, EEO form, and confirmation. For ‘Position Desired’, please apply for Casual Employee-


Once the application is complete then finish and submit the application.

 Step 4: Submit the packet 

After completing the appropriate packet, the contractor or employee submits the packet to the district staff member with whom the contractor or employee will be working. After confirming all required documents are complete, the staff member submits the completed Contractor Packet to the Purchasing department or the completed Casual Employee Packet to the Human Resources department for processing.

Step 5: Obtain approval to proceed

Contractors will be notified by Purchasing when the contract has received board approval and services can commence. See the Vendor Notification (pdf, 66kb) letter regarding board approval requirements. Work may not begin until board approval has been received.

Casual employees will be notified by Human Resources when they are approved to begin working. 

Step 6: Submit for payment

Contractors: After completion of services, the vendor must submit an invoice which includes vendor name and remit address, purchase order number, dates of service, and invoice total. The invoice should be sent to: 

Puyallup School District
Attn: Accounts Payable
PO Box 370
Puyallup, WA 98371


Casual Employees: After work is performed or once per month, the employee must complete a Payroll Timesheet (pdf, 11kb) and submit it for approval to the district staff person with whom they are working. Payment for services will be made after all documents have been received and processed by the appropriate department.

Related links