Last item for navigation
New Student FAQ

Welcome to the Puyallup School District. If you are new to the area, this page provides valuable information that will assist you in enrolling your child in the proper school and program.

I just moved to the Puyallup area, how do I know where to register my student?
Use this link to verify your attending area school:  If more assistance is needed, please call the district administrative offices at (253) 841-1301. Provide the Receptionist with your home address and grade level of your student. From there you’ll be directed to the school where you’ll register your student.

For children who are not yet kindergarten age and have been receiving special education services on an individualized education plan (IEP) such as speech therapy or developmental preschool, please contact Special Services at (253) 841-8700. After special education eligibility has been confirmed, you will be given registration and enrollment information. 

What do I need to bring when I register my child?

Proof of residency (one of the following forms is acceptable):
Copy of a current utility bill received within the last 30 days
Copy of lease/rental agreement with rental receipt
Copy of mortgage papers 

Immunization information.

Birth Certificate for students in kindergarten or first grade.

Most recent report card from previous grade. 

Parents of special needs students should also bring the following:
Copy of current IEP/special education evaluation and any other relevant evaluative information.
Copies of relevant medical documentation.

What can I expect when I meet with a counselor to schedule my junior high or high school student?

When you meet with any one of the school counselors, you can expect a high level of professionalism, respect, and understanding. The goal of our counselors is to assist in creating a program where your student’s individual needs are met and success is achieved.

What other forms will I be asked to complete?

Parents of special needs students will be asked to complete a few extra forms, including the following:

  • Exchange of Confidential Information. This form allows the district to request special education records from your student’s previous school district.  These forms will be provided during the registration process.

If your child has a life threatening condition such as asthma, diabetes, seizures, or severe allergies, please call your new School Nurse to set up an appointment to formulate an Emergency Action Plan for the current school year before your child starts school.